Sweet Depression

É doce, é uma pressão constante... O blog de uma artista cronicamente deprimida... ou simplesmente deprimente. The blog of a depressive and depressing artist.

8/24/2004

Every rose has its thorns

O tempo: chuva no leitor de CDs
Lu está: com espinhos e ouvindo Peggy Lee

Conversa entre mim e um... amigo (se é que lhe posso chamar assim), que nunca tem problemas em manifestar com insistência que não se importava nada de me tirar umas lascas...

Ele: <:o) Parabéns.
Lu: Porquê?
Ele: Por seres linda. Nunca é demais. :)
Lu: 8-)

Ele: Quero uma prenda. Mandas-me essa foto? [a display image no Messenger]
Lu: Não.
Ele: Is that such a big deal? Não sei traduzir...
Lu: "É assim tão importante?" - Yes, it is. I'm gorgeous, didn't you just say that? That's pretty much of a big deal.
Ele: Por isso mesmo é que gostava de ter essa foto, to be able to stare at it all the time. "Para poder babar o teclado o tempo todo."
Lu: Não quero que estragues o teu equipamento informático com baba. Sai caro. Então eu estou de parabéns e tu é que recebes um presente? Há aqui algo invertido. Não mando foto nenhuma.
Ele: Eu também estou de parabéns, por ser tão querido. Tu é que não sabias. :)
...
Ele: Porque é que ficaste assim? E mais importante, serás sempre assim?
Lu: Assim como?
[como se não tivesse percebido]
Ele: Assim... como tu.
Lu: Se eu tivesse ficado como outra pessoa não seria eu! Não seria genuína; seria mais um cordeirinho igual aos demais no rebanho. Por alguma razão me chamam a ovelha negra...
Ele: És a verdadeira rosa: muito linda para olhar e para cheirar, mas nada de pegar. E não estou a falar fisicamente.
Lu: Now that's really lame. As pessoas espertas tiram os espinhos. Por isso é que as floristas ainda fazem negócio.
Ele: Uma rosa sem espinhos deixa de ser uma rosa; é como um beijo sem língua. [Vêem como ele é assanhado?]
Lu: ENTÃO NÃO TE QUEIXES!
Ele: Mas é bom saber que os teus espinhos dão para tirar.

Lu: Não tenho culpa de ser rosa e não ser gerbera!
Ele: Traduz. In english please.
Lu: It's not my fault that I was born a rose and not a gerber.
Ele: Estás enganada. Nasceste Lu. Fizeste-te rosa muito depois disso.
Lu: Que eu saiba, todas as pessoas nascem sem nome.
Ele: Sem nome e sem espinhos. Mas o nome é-lhes dado logo. E os espinhos criam-se (ou não) muito mais tarde.

Sou uma rosa que não se lembra de quando ganhou espinhos. Estão cá há tanto tempo que parece que nasceram comigo. E, ao contrário do que muitos pensam, eles não picam só por fora. Picam por dentro. E não sei se é mesmo possível tirá-los.
Estou a chorar, mas não é por isso. Fico sempre assim quando ouço a Peggy Lee a cantar "September in The Rain".


The weather: rain in the CD player
Lu is: with thorns and listening to Peggy Lee

A chat between me and a... friend (if I may call him so) who who never has problems with making clear that I'm quite bangable to him...

He: <:o) Congrats.
Lu: Why?
He: For being beautiful. It's never too much to say :)
Lu: 8-)
He: I want a gift. Will you send me that photo? [the display image on Messenger]

Lu: No.
He: É assim tão importante? I can't translate it...
Lu: "Is that such a big deal?" - Yes, it is. I'm gorgeous, didn't you just say that? That's pretty much of a big deal.
He: It's precisely because of that that I'd like to have that photo. To be able to stare at it all the time. So I can constantly drool on the keyboard.
Lu: I don't want you to break your equipment with drool. It's expensive. So you congratulate me and I'm the one who should be giving you a present? Something is twisted in here. I'm not sending any picture.
He: You should congratulate me, for being so sweet. You just didn't know it. :)
...
He: Why do you act like that? And the most important, will you allways act like that?
Lu: Like what? [as if I didn't know]
He: Like that... Like you.
Lu: If I acted like someone else, I wouldn't be me! I wouldn't be genuine; I'd be just another little lamb like all the others in the herd. For some reason people call me the black sheep...
He: You're the real rose: fair to contemplate and smell, but untouchable. And I'm not saying physically.
Lu: Now that's really lame. Smart people pull off the thorns. That's why florists still run their business.
He: A rose with no thorns is no loger a rose; it's like a kiss with no tongue. [See? He's a little perv]
Lu: WELL THEN DON'T COMPLAIN!
He: But it's good to know your thorns are removable.
Lu: Não tenho culpa de ser rosa e não ser gerbera!
He: Translate to English, please.

Lu: It's not my fault that I was born a rose and not a gerber.
He: You're wrong. You were born Lu. You've made yourself a rose long after that.
Lu: As far as I know, everyone is born with no name.
He: With no name and no thorns. But they're given a name right after they're born. The thorns are created (or not) way after it.

I'm a rose who doesn't remember when she got her thorns. They've been here for so long that it feels like they were born with me. Unlike many think, they don't hurt only on the outside. They hurt inside. And I'm not sure if they're really removable or not...
I'm crying right now, but it's not because of that. I always feel like crying when I listen to Peggy Lee singing "September in The Rain".