Sweet Depression

É doce, é uma pressão constante... O blog de uma artista cronicamente deprimida... ou simplesmente deprimente. The blog of a depressive and depressing artist.

10/09/2004

"Vamos, prometo" / "We will, I promise"

Lu está: fazendo de conta que...

- Até quando vais fazer de conta que não se passou nada?
- Estás a falar de quê?
- Arrependes-te?
- De quê?
- Do que fizémos.
- Se dissesse que me arrependo, estaria a mentir, porque foi muito bom. Mas claro que não foi saudável para uma relação de amizade.
- Achas que foi bom? Sabes, a rectidão do que fazes não se avalia pelo prazer que tens... Se não estamos a ser honestos um com o outro, é melhor parar por aqui.
- Estás a querer dizer que não nos devemos ver mais?
- Sim.
- Nem te posso telefonar?
- Estou a falar de cortarmos relações.
- Acho isso uma medida muito radical.
- Mas é a mais honesta. Eu gosto demasiado de ti para te abandonar. Mas também gosto demasiado para estar contigo assim, num faz-de-conta.
(...)
- Eu não gosto de de ver assim. Não te quero ver a chorar. Se é para te ver sofrer, prefiro que deixemos de nos ver por uns tempos.
- Eu não estu a chorar.
- Chama-lhe então o que quiseres. Mas eu não posso ver-te assim.
- Deixa lá, está tudo bem. Amigos? *Não consigo abandonar-te, não percebes? É impossível. É injusto. Para ti e para mim.*
(...)
- Estás triste?
- Não.
- Mas vieste em silêncio o caminho todo.
- Estou bem.
- Então dá-me um beijo grande.
- Na próxima semana vamos à tal exposição?
- Vamos, prometo.

«Desculpa se te fiz sofrer. Vou compensar-te com a minha amizade, Prometo. Cumpro sempre as minhas promessas».
Porque será que não acredito em ti? Porque será que tenho razão? E porque será que ainda assim te quero mudar?


Lu is: pretending...

- How much longer do you plan on pretending nothing happened?
- What are you talking about?
- Do you regret?
- Regret what?
- What we have done.
- If I told you I regret, I would be lying, because I really enjoyed it. But I admit it was no't something heatly to do in a friendhip.
- You enjoyed it? You know, the righteousness of what you do is not assessed by the pleasure you get from it... If we are not being honest to each other, it is better that we stop here.
- Are you trying to say we should not see each other again?
- Yes.
- Can I still call you?
- I am talking about ceassing contact.
- That is a radical mean.
- But it is the most honest. I love you too much to leave you, but I also love you too much to be with you like this, just pretending everything is alright.
(...)
- I do not like to see you like this. I do not want you to cry. If I must have you suffering, I would rather not see you again for a while.
- I am not crying.
- Call it whatever you wish, then. But I cannot see you like this.
- Nevermind. It is alright. Friends? *I cannot abandon you, don't you understand? It is impossible, it is unfair. Both for you and for me.*
(...)
- Are you sad?
- No.
- But you have came all the way in silence.
- I am fine.
- Give be a big kiss, then.
- Are we going to that exibition next week?
- We will, I promise.

«Forgive me if I have made you suffer. I will compensate you with my friendship, I promise. I always accomplish with my promises»
Why cannot I believe you? Why am I right about it? And why in the world do I still want to change you?