Sweet Depression

É doce, é uma pressão constante... O blog de uma artista cronicamente deprimida... ou simplesmente deprimente. The blog of a depressive and depressing artist.

5/26/2004

Dancing in the rain

The other day it rained cats and dogs. After a few days of an unsual heat that only the months of Summer like to offer, it rained.
With thunders and all...
The temperature kept high, though. And it was surprisingly pleasant to walk in the rain, being compulsively, yet gently kissed by the heavenly water. The raindrops over me had a cooling and relaxing effect on my body and soul. Like if it was washing my sorrows away. I don't know which sorrows, but I felt like being purified.
I found myself glowing of warmth, after a tiring Dance class, where once again I had been sharing the gifts with with I have been blessed by Terpsichore. I was content, I was proud and not even the cold raindrops could decrease my aura.
My clothes got all wet and stuck to my skin, slightly revealing my thin body. So fragile. So strong. So light. So heavy. So odd. So beautiful.
I beholded the lightnings in the sky once more. I smiled. I had to give my best face, for the Gods were taking pictures of me.

Yes, I am happy. Someone who came to assess my performance said that I am unique. And nothing makes me happier than this: being recognized for my work, showing quality on what I most love to do.
And I love doing this...